Upcoming Workshops with Ann West
Yoga for Female Pelvic Organ Health
Saturday, May 12 2018, 12-2pm
This class follows up on the pelvic floor workshop I taught last fall, which focused on promoting the strength and flexibility of the pelvic floor muscles.
This new workshop presents yoga practices that help to support the health of the female pelvic organs. This is a standalone workshop. You do not need to have attended the previous pelvic floor workshop to attend this one.
Yoga for female pelvic organ health
The lower abdomen is central to women’s health. It’s home to our reproductive organs, bladder and rectum, and is profoundly impacted by menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth and menopause.
How yoga can help support female pelvic organ health:
- open and create space in the pelvis
- improve circulation and increase blood flow to the pelvic organs
- promote supple and strong pelvic muscles
- cultivate a more conscious connection to a uniquely female part of the inner body
In this workshop you will learn:
- experiential anatomy to develop your awareness of the pelvic floor and pelvic organs
- seated and standing poses to gently open and free up the “pelvic bowl” and its contents
- yoga bandhas (energy locks) to help lift and tone the pelvic region
- inversions to softly release and align the pelvic organs
- breathing exercises to distribute pelvic energy throughout the rest of the body
All levels welcome.
Register soon to reserve your space.
For more yoga articles, updates, classes and workshops, sign up for my newsletter at the top of the page or like on Facebook at Ann West :: Iyengar Yoga. You can contact me directly by email or call (858) 224-2484.
© 2018 by Ann West. All rights reserved.