Iyengar Yoga for a Healthy Back with Ann West
Ease pain and get stronger
Yoga relaxation and movement are some of best ways to help an aching back heal.
In this Iyengar Yoga style healthy back class you will learn:
- yoga relaxation techniques to relieve tired back muscles
- simple stretches to soothe chronic back tension
- traction poses using the yoga rope wall to lengthen the spine and release compression
- poses to strengthen the back and core muscles to help prevent future issues
- poses to strengthen the legs and arms to better support the back, hips, neck and shoulders
The classes are taught by certified Iyengar Yoga instructor Ann West.
Iyengar Yoga emphasizes safe postural alignment and bio-mechanical action. Students are encouraged to stay within their individual limitations by progressing gradually through different levels of poses. Props are often used to help support and adapt the poses so everybody can practice.
Drop-ins and beginners welcome
Please call ahead if recent surgery or acute injury!
“I am practically pain free since learning your routines. I do them almost every day, at least 5 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes. I can work, and lift, and bike, and hike with much greater confidence and ease. I am not afraid to move anymore. Thanks for your help.” ~ Leland Forester, Photographer. More testimonials.
© 2014 by Ann West. All rights reserved.