Ann West teacher bio
Ann West has been teaching yoga since 1994. She began her yoga practice in her native country of England in 1991. In 1993 she came to the US to pursue her yoga studies.
Ann completed her first formal yoga teacher training in 1994 and a second in 1997, and is a Certified Yoga Therapist and Integrative Health Coach. She combines her extensive working knowledge of anatomy, postural alignment, functional movement, corrective exercise, breathwork and meditation to teach dynamic yoga classes to all levels of students.
Ann’s guiding principals are informed by the ancient wisdom traditions, modern mind-body science, integrative health, and proactive aging. She believes a balanced yoga practice promotes physical vitality, intelligent awareness, and integrative healing for the body, mind and spirit.
All classes are currently held on Zoom due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Private yoga and movement therapy
- Certified Yoga Therapist (CYT) with the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT 500) with Yoga Alliance
- Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider (YACEP) with Yoga Alliance
Certifications and trainings
- Svaroopa Yoga Instructor
- Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
- Swedish, Shiatsu and Deep Tissue Massage Therapist
- Iyengar Yoga Teacher
- Stott Pilates Instructor
- Feldenkrais Practitioner Year One
- ISSA Corrective Exercise Specialist
- ISSA Senior Fitness Specialist
- ISSA Exercise Therapist
- Duke University Trained Health & Well-Being Coach
Ann taught at Master Yoga Academy in La Jolla from 1994-99 and became one of their senior yoga teachers. She also served as the primary yoga teacher at Deepak Chopra’s Center for Wellbeing in La Jolla from 1995-97. She taught at the BKS Iyengar Yoga Center in Ocean Beach, San Diego from 1997-99. Ann was owner-director of East West Yoga & Health Center at Pacific Beach, San Diego from 1999-2009. She taught at La Jolla Yoga Center from 2009-14.
She currently operates East West Yoga Studio in La Jolla, where she teaches private yoga classes.
Her group yoga classes are held at Prana Yoga Center in La Jolla.
Contact Ann by email or call her at (858) 224-2484.