All classes are currently held on Zoom due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Yoga for a Healthy Back
Yoga relaxation and movement are some of best ways to help an aching back heal. In this Yoga for a healthy back class you will learn therapeutic yoga poses that focus on soothing discomfort caused by chronic back pain. Beginners welcome.
Weekly themes each month
• core work for inner strength and spinal stabilization
• standing poses to build stamina, and develop strong, pliable legs and hips
• seated poses to release the hip and leg muscles
• forward bends for a supple back body
• twists for freedom of movement in the spine and trunk
• back bends to strengthen the back and improve posture
• inversions for strong shoulders and to support the physiological body
• restorative poses for deep physical and mental relaxation
• breathing practices to soothe the nervous system and quiet the mind
Themes are subject to change. If there are five weeks in a month, the fourth class is teachers choice and the fifth is restorative/pranayama (breathing exercises).
Yoga & Movement Therapy
Yoga and movement therapy exercises can provide relief from an array of chronic health issues. They can be used as a stand alone therapy or to supplement physical therapy.
For yoga articles, updates, classes and workshops, sign up for my newsletter at the top of the page or like on Facebook at Ann West :: Yoga. You can contact me directly by email or call (858) 224-2484.
© 2022 by Ann West. All rights reserved.