Yoga for a Healthy Back with Ann West
Ease pain and get stronger
- yoga relaxation techniques to relieve tired back muscles
- simple stretches to soothe chronic back tension
- traction poses using the yoga rope wall to lengthen the spine and release compression
- poses to strengthen the back and core muscles to help prevent future issues
- poses to strengthen the legs and arms to better support the back, hips, neck and shoulders
The classes are taught by Certified Yoga Therapist Ann West.
Yoga for a Healthy Back emphasizes safe postural alignment and bio-mechanical action. Students are encouraged to stay within their individual limitations by progressing gradually through different levels of poses. Props are often used to help support and adapt the poses so everybody can practice.
Drop-ins and beginners welcome
Please call ahead if recent surgery or acute injury!
Studies showing yoga’s effectiveness in treating back pain:
Evaluation of the effectiveness and efficacy of Iyengar yoga therapy on chronic low back pain
Yoga for military veterans with chronic low back pain
Yoga, physical therapy, or education for chronic low back pain
Yoga for veterans with chronic low back pain
Comparing yoga, exercise, and a self-care book for chronic low back pain
“I am practically pain free since learning your routines. I do them almost every day, at least 5 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes. I can work, and lift, and bike, and hike with much greater confidence and ease. I am not afraid to move anymore. Thanks for your help.” ~ Leland Forester, Photographer. More testimonials.
© 2022 by Ann West. All rights reserved.