Group Yoga Classes with Ann West
Group yoga classes
I’m currently on sabbatical from teaching group classes.
Other class options
How to set up for online classes
Please keep the following props at hand for the classes. Don’t worry if you don’t have them all. I always teach alternative variations so you can practice the entire class prop free if needed.
• Yoga mat
• Yoga blocks
• Several blankets – thick bath or beach towels also work well
• Yoga belt or any kind of belt – bathrobe belts are especially good as they’re usually long and pliable
• Yoga chair or other sturdy chair – preferably without armrests and light enough that you can easily pick it up
• Yoga bolster – couch or other firm cushions are good alternatives
Weekly class schedule – temporarily suspended
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis my group classes at Prana Yoga have been temporarily suspended.
Iyengar Yoga for a Healthy Back • Mondays 10:30-11:45am
Iyengar Yoga for a Healthy Back • Fridays 10:30-11:45am
Weekly themes each month
• standing poses for strength and stamina
• hip work to help release and support the spine
• seated poses to release the hip and leg muscles
• forward bends for a supple back body
• core work for spinal stabilization and inner strength
• back bends for a strong back and improved posture
• restorative poses for muscular relaxation
• breathing practices to sooth the nervous system
Themes are subject to change. If there are five weeks in a month, the fourth class is teachers choice and the fifth is restorative/pranayama.
1041 Silverado Street
La Jolla, CA 92037